Seniors (12th Grade)
SENIOR SEMINAR Pre-Test & Post Test. ONLY TAKE ONCE DURING SENIOR SEMINAR
Click below to see presentations given during Senior Seminar.
12th Grade Initiatives
- Senior College & Career Project via English class
- Classroom lesson to cover the senior project, reiterate steps to take to prepare for post-secondary plans, and to have students determine their post-secondary plan and save it to the Career Cruising portfolio
- Graduation status reports at the beginning of the year (mailed to parents & distributed to students in homeroom)
- College application groups
- Financial Aid Night
- Monthly Scholarship Newsletter emailed to seniors and parents
- Vertification of HOPE status
- SAT & ACT registration info
- Peer Mediation
- Sources of Strength
Resources for Parents & Students
- Graduation information for seniors and parents is posted on the CHS website in the Spring of each year.
- Information about graduation is distributed to seniors in their homeroom classes.
- Seniors who intend to participate in the graduation ceremony are required to attend graduation practice in May. Information about graduation practices will be distributed to students and parents in the spring.
- Students who intend to finish graduation requirements at the end of first semester of senior year and choose to not return to CHS for the second semester may qualify for December Graduation. Students should check with their post-secondary institutions as to whether or not this is advisable and then see their school counselor for more information.
- To qualify as an Honor Graduate, students must earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher.